My World

The Best Things in Life are the People you Love, the Places you've seen, and the Memories you've made along the way.

Monday, 17 June 2013

The clock is ticking...

It is exhilarating to think that less than a month is left until I finish my second semester, also my 'first year' (of degree) at University. It sounds like such a big deal. It only seems yesterday when I was being all wide-eyed and thrilled at the fact that I was finishing Foundation and taking a step into degree, and now here I am, once again taking another step towards another milestone.

Needless to say, this semester hasn't been a great one and I look forward to its end. Though I have learnt a lot, I have also been through a large amount of stress and tension, as the previous semesters were nothing compared to this. Weekly assignments, clashing submission dates, regular 'updating' of assignment blogs, intense video shoots and not to forget, mid term and later final exams, and in between online quizzes - it hasn't exactly been a joy ride. In fact, there were times when I felt so frustrated, I really wanted to give up. To quit. Which is highly surprising since I am not the 'quitting' type of person. I am a girl with huge dreams and high ambitions, and always see through to the end of my goal. Yet, the past four months have definitely taken a toll on me and I found myself craving home and relaxation and a break from all this several times.

So, it is with pride and relief that I say I have made it. I have managed to keep going and not give up. I have managed to hold on so far, and I intend to not let go any time soon. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel already, less than a month and I'll be with my family, away from all the stress and tension, and enjoying a much needed break of a month. Then, I intend to come back for the next semester, for my 'second year', fully rejuvenated and with another set of high goals in mind.

I would just like to extend some gratitude to my awesome parents, superb sister, and amazing friends, both here and in Tanzania, for giving me the support and encouragement I needed to not crack under the pressure and quit. Thank you :)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Aditi!!! :) Great job! Give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done and I'll give you one too *pats on back* :D can't wait to see you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great show Aditi!! Keep going! It sure can get tough at times, but down the line when you look back after having dealt with all this, you will say, "well, it sure was worth every bit of the effort that went in!" All the best!!

    ReplyDelete